Sunday, February 14, 2010

Single Department Hiring

In truth, there are only two realities: the one for people who are in love or love each other, and the one for people who are standing outside all that. –Ditto

In case you are unaware today is single awareness day also more popularly known as Valentines day. I am one of those people that fall under the awareness category. I have never liked this holiday, even when I was younger. I guess its because no one ever in my whole like of the opposite sex has ever asked me to be there valentines. Its a sucky feeling to know you are unwanted. I am a senior in high school and I already don't act my age so its hard enough to connect to someone in the halls of hell, let alone find someone I want to give a box of chocolates to and tell them I think they are "super spiffy". It has recently come to my attention that I am not a realist like I te
ll myself I am, but I am actually a cynic. I had to look up what Dictionary.com had to say on the word cynic and there were 3 options the first :
a person who believes that only selfishness motivates human actions and who disbelieves in or minimizes selfless acts or disinterested points of view.
I don't really believe, but the third that is a whole other story:
a person who shows or expresses a bitterly or sneeringly cynical attitude
I guess I am a bit of both, and I do look at thing (like single awareness day) bitterly. This is actually starting to cause a riff in my life. Well the friendship department of my life. You see my two "BFF's" are super optimists that tend to wear blinders alot of the time.They let their hearts do all the thinking for them. And once they get into there happy little relationship lands they forget about how other people are suffering with loneliness. They will ask what's wrong, but never really want an answer. Its a cycle that has been going on for four years and its getting OLD. I type so openly here because I know that even if they did find this then fine. They will finally know what I am thinking about when that go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about boys and if they like their boy and if they dont and if their boy is going to do this and if he isnt and if he loves her and if... I think you get it. They are my best friends, I would be lost with out them, but sometimes I wonder if they hinder me.-meliss

No comments:

Post a Comment