
----Email Message-----
Two weeks ago I was placed in a psych ward for attempting to take my own life. I was sitting alone until another boy came up to me and simply said, “You’re not the most fucked up person anymore”. For the first time in my life I didn’t feel like I was the only one struggling. I felt normal.
Lately I have had this sick fantasy of what if I tried killing myself. Its not really because I want to end my life, but more so because I want to go to a psych ward and meet people that understand me. I guess its really just the fact that I feel like I live with people that don't get it. It being me. I know logically suicide is not an answer, and deep down I would never do it. But I still wonder, maybe we all do. I guess I just want to know if other people do. I feel this need for people that understand me. Then tonight of all the nights as I am sitting at my "best friends" house I went on Postsecret.com and saw the image above and the email segment with it. I guess I felt somewhat happy, and a complete sense of irony. For the fact that these "friends" are the people that I feel the dont understand me. And I sat there reading these words as did they and I got goose bumps because those words where my thoughts, just from someone else head and my friends were reading them yet they had no idea I feel like that. I guess I feel completely disconnected from my world, right now, and I honestly don't know if that connection will be reconnected.-meliss
No comments:
Post a Comment