Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hometown Inhabitant

"I saw my hometown burning that day. - Rodney King"
I live in Los Angeles.I love this city, I know I am luck to have grown up in such a metropolitan city. This city has shaped the person I have become. I have embraced the idealism of the liberal left. Today I spend the day at Venice Beach. I love it there. The freak shows, the head shops, the tourists, and there is this one spot on the beach. Towards the end of the board walk near Santa Monica. Its beautiful. You can see everything from there. Today you could even see Catalina Island. There were two sail boat out on the water and a few yards from were I chose to sit a photographer was doing a photo shoot. The wind was a little brutal. But that did not take away from that beauty, it added too it. The smell of the salty air and the mist off the water was what I needed at this moment in my life. I have been to in my own head that I have been forgetting the amazing world that surrounds me everyday. I love the world. I don't always love the people that inhabit it, but the world its amazing. I get so rapped up in the things that bring me down, the stuff that seems so meaning less when I look back sometimes. There is a whole world out there, how can one person as small as me feel lonely? I can't let myself feel lonely, That just seems like a slap in the worlds face to me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment